Lifetime membership in RDC is awarded by the Board of Directors to honor those who have embodied the RDC objectives and have given countless hours of service to our organization.
- Who have encouraged the personal and professional growth of RDC members Who have been champions of continuing education in relocation
- Who have promoted high ethical and professional conduct among members
- Who have willingly and enthusiastically been a source of networking information for Relocation Directors and the RDC membership
- Who have exerted a positive and beneficial influence in the relocation industry
Candidates for Lifetime membership shall be available to individuals who have performed notable service as a member of RDC. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed their official term of service on the RDC Board of Directors at the time of selection
- Must hold the (S)CRP designation
- Must have been a member of RDC for a minimum of 10 years
- New Lifetime member candidates shall be considered no sooner than the calendar year following retirement
This special category of membership has been bestowed on the following outstanding individuals:
Patty Greeves, CRP Awarded 1986
Bobbie Kerns, SCRP Awarded 1986
Judith Shea, CRP Awarded 1988
Laqueta Domain-Holmes, CRP Awarded 1992
Kitty Snelling Spirit Award
In 2016, RDC established the Kitty Snelling Spirit Award to honor deserving RDC members who embody the special leadership qualities identified with the award's namesake, who had a profound and lasting personal and professional impact on the real estate relocation directors who comprise such an important segment of the workforce mobility industry.
An early member and former Chairperson of RDC, Kitty T. Snelling was a role model during her 25-year career as a highly respected relocation director, industry leader, friend, and mentor to so many who followed in her footsteps.
The KSS award will be awarded every 2 years, or at the discretion of RDC, to recognize individuals, who best exemplify Kitty's legacy, based on the following broad criteria:
- Character: Integrity, honesty, strong values, high standards of excellence, accountability
- Qualities: Passion for the business, intelligence, competence, talent, diplomacy, kindness, inclusiveness, respect for all viewpoints
- Leadership: Optimism, innovation, influencing others, consensus building, mentoring and teaching skills, a progressive mindset, ability to articulate a vision, desire to collaborate
- Achievement: Accomplishment of specified goals; honors and awards given by others; professional and personal contributions; actions and initiatives that have made a difference; a dedication to "going the extra mile"
Any currently active or retired member of RDC is eligible if nominated by an RDC member not from his or her company. The award can also be presented posthumously. The nominator must submit a comprehensive rationale explaining why the candidate should be considered for the award based on the above criteria.
This special award has been bestowed on the following outstanding individuals:
| 2016 Recipient
|| 2018 Recipient